Each student receives professional training under a certified supervisor in an area related to the student's future vocational goals. The objectives of these in-service experiences are:
- To prepare the student for leadership roles in local churches, chaplaincies, denominations, and related institutions;
- To establish better lines of communication between ministers/churches and the campus so that the student will be able to identify more easily with specific forms of ministry;
- To introduce the student to capable leaders within his/her denomination who satisfactorily demonstrate effective professional leadership;
- To acquaint students as thoroughly as possible with organizational structures and procedures of local churches, denominational agencies, and institutions;
- To promote opportunities for students to evaluate their commitments and to develop their innate abilities; to develop desirable interests, attitudes, ideas, and techniques of ministry through self-direction and self-evaluation; to experience ministry and mission principles and methodology on the job under qualified supervision; to evaluate their ministry and mission experience through interaction with professors and career ministers on the campus.