site map
contact us
career services
career services



  Submit your free online application by June 1st for fall semester or November 1st for spring semester.
  Submit your application or contact the Admissions Office to request an application. Deadlines: Apply by Jun 1 for Fall Semester. Apply by Nov. 1 for Spring Semester.
  Provide official translations for any documents not written in English.
  Submit an official or certified copy of your yearly secondary school transcript that indicates the courses taken and grades received. If applicable, the school leaving certificate must accompany your transcript.
  Request that your TOEFL and/or SAT 1 scores be sent directly from the testing service (Averett's code for the SAT and TOEFL is 5017). Averett requires a minimum TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based), 173 (computer-based), or 61 (Internet-based). The SAT will be accepted in lieu of a TOEFL if a minimum verbal score of 480 is achieved.

If you are transferring from a university outside the United States:

  • Submit an official or certified copy of your university transcript
  • Have a course-by-course evaluation of your transcript completed by a foreign
    credential evaluation agency and sent directly to Averett.

Averett only accepts evaluations from World Education Services.

World Education Services, Inc
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Telephone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6120
Web Site:

After you Are Admitted to Averett

  You must submit a $1,500 US Dollar enrollment deposit and a completed Certification of Finances form before an I-20 can be issued.   The deposit will be accepted from a bank wire, money order, or check.   The I-20 is issued after wires, money orders, or checks are cleared.The enrollment deposit is deducted from the first semester's tuition and is refundable (by written request) if you are denied a student visa.   An explanation of the costs to attend per semester can be found here.

Averett Universityhas partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students.   With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks.   You will also be notified via email when your payment is received by the school.


  All full-time Averett students must show proof of medical insurance prior to enrollment. A copy of your health insurance card must be on file with the Dean of Students Office. If you do not have health insurance coverage, you may purchase it from ABCO 100 for $350 per semester. More information is available from the Dean of Students Office or at
  For more information on obtaining a student visa, visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website at

Questions? Please contact Joel Nester, Director of Admissions and International Student Counselor, at


peer  open houses map
military badges us news washington monthly colleges of distinction GI Jobs military friendlyyellow ribbon