Your Senior Year Experience is the culmination of years of intellectual, professional, and personal development at Averett University. This journey has prepared you to transition to the next phase in life in a career or in post-graduate work, and as member of a community.
The senior year is the capstone of a your experience at Averett, and the Senior Year Experience was created to guide you through the myriad of tasks to accomplish in preparation for the completion of your undergraduate studies. It is also designed to keep you and your parents informed on everything concerning your senior year and the processes involved in successfully graduating.
YOUR SENIOR YEAR AT AVERETT
- September 27 – Senior Pinning: This program officially acknowledges your senior year. You can select a faculty or staff member from the University who has influenced you the most to pin you during the ceremony.
- October - “The Skill of a Meal” Workshops. Information is available in the Career Services Center and on the website at www.averett.edu/student-services/careerserv/
- October 19 – A Career Expo will be held in the Student Center. The expo will feature Averett Alumni as they impart their collective wisdom to a new generation.
- November 8 – Senior Mentoring Dinner: The mentoring dinner is an opportunity for you to utilize the skills you learned in “The Skill of a Meal” workshops as you network with Averett alumni. The meal will be held at 6:30 pm.
- November 9 – DEADLINE for Application to Graduate in December. All official transcripts and test scores must be received in the Registrar’s Office.
- December 8 – COMMENCEMENT: for those scheduled to graduate in December
- January 30 – Commencement Dinner: 87 Days To Graduation! This event kicks off your last semester as an Averett student. The faculty and staff will serve your dinner as you learn about final preparations for April Commencement and what it means to be an alumnus. In addition, there will be prizes!
- March 28 – Career Premiere (Career Fair) 11:00-3:00 at the Salem Civic Center. Transportation will be provided by Career Services.
- March 28 – DEADLINE for Application to Graduate in April. All official transcripts and test scores must be received in the Registrar’s Office.
- April 19 – Senior Reception: Sponsored by the Danville Chapter of Averett Alumni and held at the Lawson-Overbey Inn in Danville.
- April 22-25 – Senior Celebration Week: Have fun after finals and before Commencement. Fun activities are planned to allow you to celebrate your graduation with the entire Averett community.
- April 27 – COMMENCEMENT: for those scheduled to graduate in April
Of course, there are some important things you need to do before you can officially graduate:
- Make an appointment to meet with your academic advisor first thing this fall to review your degree requirements and make sure you are on target to graduate. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar, Mrs. Janet Roberson.
- If you’ve received financial aid as a student, you’ll be receiving information in the months to come that will help you understand the terms of your loan repayment (or deferment if you are planning to go to graduate school).
- In order to graduate on time, your student account must be paid in full. Make an appointment to meet with the business office to make sure you know what your balance is and arrange for payment.
- Check the graduate website (www.averett.edu/registrar/info-dealines) for the most up-to-date information about your graduation. In addition to information for your preparations, there is information available for your family and guests.
- For additional information on career fairs, workshops, and mock interviews, please contact Ms. Petrina Carter in Career Services.