Chartered in 1859, Averett University has a long history of producing high quality graduates in a wide variety of disciplines. How does Averett University accomplish this?
- Co-educational, comprehensive private university with a highly diverse curriculum
- Total enrollment of 2,600 (1,900 undergraduate students and 700 graduate students)
- 14 Averett campuses throughout Virginia offer an extensive range of students including many adult learners
- Averett stresses leadership and community activities
- Student to faculty ratio of 14:1 which ensures individual and comprehensive training
- Averett has an outstanding nationally recruited faculty, 74% of whom hold doctorates or terminal degrees. With a primary focus on student learning, they are also scholars, authors, and experts in their field.
- Over 30 majors and 20 concentrations to choose from
- Graduate Programs in Education and Business Administration
Averett's main campus is located in the historic city of Danville, Virginia. Danville (pop. 45,000) is just three miles from the Virginia-North Carolina border and is convenient to airports in both states. The campus is in a residential neighborhood adjacent to Danville's famed Millionaires Row, a collection of vast Victorian homes recognized by historians for their architectural splendor.