site map
contact us
financial aid

General Eligibility Requirements


Traditional Students

To be eligible for federal financial aid the student must:

If students do not meet the above criteria for federal financial aid, there are Alternative Sources of Aid they may qualify.

Citizenship Requirements

To be eligible for federal financial aid the student must be one of the following:

  • a U. S. citizen
  • a U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island).
  • a U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551 or I-551C Alien Registration Receipt Card.


The student must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) showing one of the following designations:

  • "Refugee"
  • "Asylum Granted"
  • "Indefinite Parole" and/or "Humanitarian Parole"
  • "Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending"
  • "Conditional Entrant" (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)

Students are NOT eligible for federal financial aid if they:

  • have an Employment Authorization Card/Document (Form I-688A, I-688B, or I-766) or a Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688).
  • Have an Approval Form I-797, "Application for Voluntary Departure Under the Family Unity Program."
  • have only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464).
  • are in the U. S. on an F1 or F2 student visa only.
  • are in the U.S. on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa only.
  • have a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations).

Social Security Number Requirement

Students must have a valid Social Security Number to apply for and receive federal financial aid.


Financial Aid NetPartner
Financial Aid NetPartner

NetPartner Instructions

NetPrice Calculator

Are you looking for Adult Professional Financial Aid/Forms? CLICK HERE