New Financial Aid Awards
Teachers for Tomorrow Award
For new student enrollees beginning fall 2011 coming out of the Teachers for Tomorrow Program.
- For any student from Pittsylvania County Schools, Danville City Schools, Martinsville City Schools, Patrick County Schools, and Halifax County Public Schools who completes the Teachers for Tomorrow program and who enrolls at Averett University as an education major
- $1,500 renewable award each year up to four years ($6,000 total). This is in addition to all other aid they will receive.
- 3 credit hours applied from Teachers for Tomorrow program toward education degree
Southside Emerging Leaders Award
For new student enrollees beginning fall 2011 coming out of the Junior Leadership Southside Program.
- $5,000 renewable award up to four years ($20,000 total)
- Awardees must be involved each year in at least one student club/organization and one service project to continue receiving the SELA
Averett Arts Award
For new student enrollees beginning fall 2011 interested in majoring or minoring in art, or participating in theatre or vocal/instrumental performance (they do not have to be theatre or music majors).
- Averett Arts Scholarship Day will be held on February 26, 2011 for all prospective students to compete for additional award mone
- Awards levels are $1,000, $2,000 or $3,000 and are renewable each year up to four years ($4,000 to $12,000
- Award levels are determined by theatre/music/art faculty as a result of student auditions/portfolios at the Averett Arts Scholarship Day on February 26, 2011 (or at separate auditions held at Scholarship Day on February 19th). Every student who auditions will receive an award (for new students only beginning their freshman year fall 2011)
- To continue receiving the award each year, AAA recipients must be involved each semester in a vocal/instrumental performance group and/or one theatre production, and art majors must maintain their art major or minor.