- You must have a 2010-11 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid Application.
- You must be pre-registered for 6 hours in order to be eligible for FEDERAL STUDENT AID. You can register for 6 hours in Session I II and/or Session IV. You can also split the 6 hours in a combination of Session I, II and Session IV.
- If you enroll for multiple summer sessions and are enrolled less than 6 credit hours during the first summer session, your Federal Student Aid will not be disbursed to your student account until your first summer session is completed and you begin the second summer session enrolled in enough credit hours to total a minimum of 6 credit hours for both terms. In the event that this does not happen, loans and/or grants will be returned to the lender or agency.
- If you are awarded Federal Work-Study for the summer term, you MUST complete the work-study authorization paperwork with the AU Office of Student Financial Aid and the supervisor.
- If the summer session(s) which you are enrolled for the summer change, you must notify the Office of Student Financial Aid in as soon as possible.
- Any student who does not meet the Office of Student Financial Aid's satisfactory academic progress standards will not be eligible.
- If you are applying for a Federal PLUS loan, your parent may also need to complete a PLUS master promissory note, if needed, information will be mailed to your parent's address. You may be required to complete a Federal Stafford Loan master promissory note if you have not previously done so. Information about completing your promissory note will be mailed to your permanent home address after you have signed and accepted the loan on your Award Letter.
- You should be aware that you may not be eligible for federal loan assistance during the summer if you borrowed the annual loan maximum during the 2010-2011 academic year. Since summer assistance will be limited, students are urged to seek other sources of support.
- An INCOMPLETE summer financial aid application WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU.
Note: You should be prepared to cover tuition, books, and living expenses during this period. The processing time for the summer term is limited.