Transfer and International Students

Transfer Students

Financial aid cannot be transferred from one institution to another. If you plan to transfer mid-year to Averett, you must:

  1. Contact both the Averett Financial Aid Office and the financial aid office at the institution you currently attend to inform both of your intention to transfer. Assure that Averett has a copy of your FAFSA of file, and if not obtain instructions for having a copy release to Averett.
  2. If receiving any Federal Direct Loans (Federal Stafford Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford, Federal PLUS) for the year, you must contact institution and lender to cancel spring disbursement. You must reapply for the loan for the spring at Averett.

International students are not eligible for federally funded financial aid administered by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship programs and therefore should not submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). An international student is a non-resident alien on a non-immigrant visa which permits full time study in the United States. A student must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (permanent resident) to receive federal financial aid. Please note: Students who have a “Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence” (Forms I-171 or I-464) or an “Application for Voluntary Departure Under the Family Unity Program” (Form I-797) are NOT eligible for federal financial aid.

Averett University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be notified via email when your payment is received by the school.


Other Information: Averett University does not endorse or recommend any loan products. We are providing the following information only as a resource to help you in your search.

Additional information regarding the availability of financial aid for international students can be found in the following publications and web sites:

For Canadian Students only:
Canada Student Loans and Grants


For all International Students:
International Student
Global Student Loan Corporation
Private Student
EduPass- The Smart Student Guide to Studying in the USA
Institute for International Education
International Education Financial Aid