Office of the Registrar

The Registrar’s Office at Averett University is responsible for supporting student success through record-keeping and assisting in the registration process. We are your first stop for:

  • Information about your class registrations
  • Your grades
  • Official academic transcripts
  • Graduation information

Office Hours and Contact Information

You can visit us in Suite 118 in the Main Hall. Our office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Call us toll-free at 1-800-AVERETT (283-7388)
Fax:   1-434-791-7181

For specific concerns, you can contact our staff members individually. 

Click here for additional Registrar Forms.

Ashley Bowman
Interim University Registrar
Main Hall 110
[email protected]
(434) 791-7235

Contact for more information regarding: 

  • Duplicate Diploma Request
  • Graduation Processing
  • Request to Take Coursework Elsewhere
    • Only to be completed by currently enrolled students who wish to take courses at another institution and have them transferred back to Averett. Students must have spoken with their academic advisor & meet with a member of the Registrar’s Office to verify the course is directly transferable. 
  • Room Scheduling
  • Traditional to AU Online Request
    • Currently enrolled traditional (on-ground) students wishing to enroll in an Averett Online course will need to complete this form with their academic advisor & submit to the R.O. for processing. This allows students the flexibility to enroll in an 8-week accelerated course during the traditional 16-week semester. 

Kriston Clayton
Assistant Registrar
Main Hall 115
[email protected]

Averett Online Record Specialist

Contact for more information regarding: 

Chris Molina
Assistant Registrar
Main Hall 118A
[email protected]

Contact for more information regarding: 

Questions regarding VA Education Benefits can be directed to our Military Affairs Office at [email protected] or by phone at 434-791-5766.

Abigail Hudson
Enrollment Services Coordinator
Main Hall 127
[email protected]
(434) 791-5653

Contact for more information regarding: 

  • Transcript Request Form
    • Only to be completed if requester is paying via check, money order, or cash. All other transcript requests can be completed by going to If you are planning to pay via check, money order, or cash, please stop by Averett Central to fill out the paper transcript request form. One can be emailed to you as well, upon request. Please call Averett Central at 434-791-5600 or email [email protected] for more information.
  • Enrollment Verification
    • Only to be completed by currently enrolled students. Third-party enrollment verifications may be requested via web or by mail. Instructions are listed under Enrollment/Degree Verification Notification at the top of this page. 
    • Former students wishing to obtain their education verification through the Department of Education may reach out with questions to Averett Central at 434-791-5600. Necessary paperwork will need to be completed by Averett’s Education Department and may take a few days for processing. 
  • Letter of Degree Completion
  • Name Change/Address Change

Permanent Academic Records – Interim Policy

Click here to view Averett’s Permanent Academic Records policy

FERPA Annual Notice

What is FERPA? FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, is a federal law that pertains to the release of and access to educational records. The law, also known as the Buckley Amendment, applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the US Department of Education. Go to to learn more.

To which information does FERPA apply? FERPA applies to personally identifiable information in educational records. This includes items such as the student’s name, names of family members, addresses, personal identifiers such as social security numbers, and personal characteristics or other information that makes the student’s identity easily traceable.
What are the educational records? Educational records are all records that contain information directly related to a student, which are maintained by the educational institution or by a party acting on its behalf, such as a contractor to whom the school has outsourced institutional services or functions.
Educational records do not include the following:

  • Sole possession records – records kept in the sole possession of the maker which are used only as a personal memory aid and are not accessible or reviewed by another person except a temporary substitute for the maker of the record;
  • Law enforcement records;
  • Records collected about an individual after that person is no longer a student at Averett.

What are a student’s rights under FERPA? Under FERPA, a student has a right to:

  • Inspect and review his or her educational records;
  • Request to amend his or her educational records;
  • Have some control over the disclosure of information from his or her educational records.

The university notifies students annually of their FERPA rights in the catalog and in the website. If students believe their rights have been violated, they may contact the Family Policy Compliance Office at the Department of Education, 400 Maryland Ave SW, Washington, DC 2002-4605. Additional information is available at
Do students have a right to see and change their educational records? Upon written request, the university shall provide a student access to his or her educational records except for financial records to the student’s parents or guardian and confidential letters of recommendation where the student has signed a waiver of right of access. If the records contain information on more than one student, the requesting student may inspect, review, or be informed on only the specific information about his or her own records. Educational records covered by FERPA normally will be made available within 30 days of the request. The contents of a student’s educational records may be challenged by the student on the grounds that they are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the privacy rights of the student by submitting a written statement to the custodian of records – the University Registrar.
Is there some way that I can block my information? A currently-enrolled student may restrict access to their directory information, or may remove their information from public directories, by completing a form in the Registrar’s Office within the first 7 days of any semester.
What is directory information? FERPA identifies certain information, called directory information, that may be disclosed without the student’s permission. The university has designated the following information as directory information:

  • Student’s name
  • Local, permanent, and email addresses
  • Place of birth
  • Major fields of study
  • Dates of attendance
  • Enrollment status
  • Degrees, awards, and honors received
  • Classification
  • Graduation date
  • Participation in officially-recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height, if a member of an athletic team

Who has access to student educational records? According to FERPA, non-directory information may not be released without prior written consent from the student. Exceptions include parents of dependent students, access by appropriate university administrators, faculty members, or staff members who require access to educational records in order to perform their legitimate educational duties; contractors to whom the school has outsourced institutional services or functions; officials of other schools in which the student seeks to enroll; and in connection with a student’s application for, or receipt of, financial aid.
Whom should I contact with questions or concerns? Direct general questions to the Office of the Registrar.

For more information about Averett University and our programs, contact us or apply now and get started on your career today!